WEEK 10:Activity






Throughout this continuous process of folding Miura Ori, I felt as though I was in a contest with my own patience and attention to detail. Choosing paper that was too soft made the once-clear creases increasingly difficult to discern, making each fold feel like a puzzle—should I create a convex or a concave fold next? Every time, I had to adjust the force of my fold, ensuring the crease was evident without tearing the paper. This whole process was essentially an interaction with mathematics.

Speaking of the mathematical experience, it was genuinely fascinating. Initially, I hardly grasped the mathematical principles behind Miura Ori, simply following the instructions mechanically, which naturally led to a mess. Later, as I began to try understanding its geometric structure, I slowly realized that each fold was not just a physical action but a mathematical transformation, with each crease and angle having its mathematical significance. The folds didn't just create a physical form but also a mathematical model, reflecting the beauty and depth of geometry.



评论

此博客中的热门博文

WEEK 6: Activity